Privacy and Security
Second City Livery Service reserves the right to change or supplement this Policy at any time without prior notice. Your continued access or use of the Site after such changes or supplements indicates your acceptance of the Policy as changed or supplemented. It is your responsibility to review this Policy regularly. This Policy was last updated on February 2, 2017. We have taken numerous steps to ensure that your payment information is processed confidentially, accurately, and securely. The Fair Credit Billing Act prohibits your credit card company from holding you responsible for more than $50 of fraudulent credit card charges. If your credit card is used in an unauthorized manner, notify your credit card company immediately. It should assist you in making a claim and notify you about whether you will be held responsible for this $50 liability fee.
Second City Livery Service uses secured sockets layer (SSL) technology to ensure the privacy of your personal information. This advanced security technology encrypts or scrambles your personal data (including your name, delivery and e-mail addresses, and credit card number and security code) before it is sent to us, making it virtually impossible for anyone other than Second City Livery Service to read it. Some older Internet browsers and some firewalls do not permit communication through secure servers. In that case, you will not be able to connect to our server securely. You may choose to connect to the secure server via our standard servers, but your password will not be encrypted. If you have already securely saved billing information to your account, you can still order securely using your saved information. If you submit new billing information via standard servers, it will not be encrypted. To check that your Internet browser is in secure mode, check that a “lock” or a “key” icon is displayed in the lower left-hand corner of your browser window. If you prefer to place an order over the phone rather than the internet, you can contact Second City Livery Service at 312-448-8787.
To further protect your information, we utilize state of the art back-end systems, and we restrict our employees’ access to your information. No outside party is able to access or receive any personal customer information.When you use this Site, Second City Livery Service automatically tracks certain information about you. This information includes your domain name and IP address, your browser version, your operating system, the URL you came from, the pages you visit within the Site, and the URL to which you go upon leaving the Site.
You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations including but not limited to:
(1) the global accessibility of the Site on the Internet;
(2) the limitation of security, privacy, and authentication measures and features in this Site;
(3) the risk that data or information on the Site may be subject to eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, impostering, tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, nuking, system contamination (including malware, viruses, worms, and Trojan horses) causing unauthorized, damaging, or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer.
(4) the risk that data or information on the Site, may be subject to other security or privacy hazards, may not reach its destination, or may reach an erroneous address or recipient. Second City Livery Service is committed to the safety of children and to protecting the online privacy of children. Children under 18 may not use or access this Site. If a child under 18 nonetheless elects to use or access this Site, he (or she) should always ask a parent for permission before doing so. Second City Livery Service will not request or knowingly collect from a child any personal information about the child or child’s family. Second City Livery Service is not able to prohibit minors from visiting this Site. Second City Livery Service relies on parents, guardians, and those responsible for supervising children under the age of 18 and prohibiting their use of, and access to, this Site. You and Second City Livery Service have agreed to this Policy within the State of Illinois, for all purposes. All services that are furnished to you on (or through) the Site are deemed to be furnished within the State of Illinois.
(5) Second City Livery Service cannot be responsible for the special needs of any of our customers, and our vehicles are not equipped to accommodate those with special needs. When our services are engaged, it is with full knowledge that our transport vehicles do not comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and that we hereby disclaim any liability due to our noncompliance and failure to provide reasonable accommodation as defined under such Act.
Second City Livery Service fully cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. Second City Livery Service reserves the right to release information to law enforcement agencies about users who Second City Livery Service believes are in violation of this Policy. Second City Livery Service also reserves the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that Second City Livery Service believes to be unlawful and the identity of those who may be responsible.
Copyright © 2017. Second City Livery Service. All rights are reserved.